If you are interested in a graduate school experience which will give you hands-on, dynamic teaching experience, and prepare you for a career in the high-needs area of adolescence education (grades 7-12), the Fordham Teacher Residency Scholars MST scholarship programat the Fordham Graduate School of Education may be a perfect fit for you. The program encompasses the following degrees:
- Master of Science in Teaching (MST) in Adolescence (Grades 7-12) Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Physics or TESOL, OR
- Master of Science in Teaching (MST) in Adolescence (Grades 7-12) Special Education English or Social Studies.
This 15 month scholarship-funded program* provides the following:
- $30,000 living expense stipend;
- 20% reduction in tuition;
- $10,000 in tuition scholarship;
- Master of Science in Teaching (MST) degree and eligibility for New York State initial teacher certification;
- Job search and placement assistance through GSE Career Services and our community of partner schools through the GSE Partnership Support Organization/Children First Network (PSO/CFN), encompassing 31 public schools in the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
*Note: Applicants for the scholarship are required to provide a written commitment to seek employment as teachers in high-needs New York State schools following completion of the program.
GSE is accepting applications for the program’s second cohort beginning in Summer 2013! Please visit our website for further information and updates.
To assist you in finding out more about this exceptional learning experience, you’re invited to join us for an Online Information Session on November 29th, at 3:30 pm. This session will provide an opportunity for you to ask academic, admissions, and financial questions, as well as to “meet” faculty, staff and current students from the Teacher Residency Scholars program and Admissions staff.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
To join the meeting
Go to: http://fordhamuniv.adobeconnect.com/r5dxnlyo1bd/
Call: 1-866-398-2885 and enter participant code 755251