GSE is pleased to celebrate the recent achievements of the students and faculty in our Division of Psychological and Educational Services! We look forward to sharing many more exciting successes and accomplishments with you in Fall 2013.
Counseling Psychology doctoral student Aziza Platt was selected as a recipient of The Roothbert Fund, Inc. Scholarship and received an additional designation as a Bloom-Feshbach Fellow in honor of psychiatrist Jonathan Bloom-Feshback. She was also selected as a recipient of the 2013 J.W. Saxe Memorial Fund.
- H.B. Matos-Elefonte, Dr. John Houtz, Dr. Thanos Patelis, and E. Selby presented a poster entitled Problem-Solving Styles, Learning Behaviors and Attitudes, and Mathematics Performance.
- Dr. Akane Zusho presented a roundtable session entitled Achievement Goals in Context.
- Drs. Rhonda Bondie, Akane Zusho, Marshall George and S. Turco presented a poster entitled Making Differentiated Instruction Sustainable Through Online Self-Regulated Learning and Structured Choice.
Dr. Mitchell Rabinowitz will give the following presentations, including one with co-presenter and Educational Psychology alum Dr. Lindsay Blau Portnoy, at the upcoming Association for Psychological Science and European Association for Research and Learning conferences:
- Drs. Mitchell Rabinowitz and Lindsay Blau Portnoy will present a poster entitled What’s in a Domain: Understanding How Students Approach Questioning in History and Science at the 25th Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science to be held in Washington, DC in May 2013.
- Drs. Mitchell Rabinowitz and William B. Whitten will present a poster entitled Correspondence of Cognitive Events and Cognitive Processes in Guided Cognition Tasks at the 25th Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science held in Washington, DC in May 2013.
- Drs. Mitchell Rabinowitz and William B. Whitten will present a poster entitled Research to application: Using Frames to Create Guided Cognition Homework for Unsupervised Learning at the Annual Convention of the European Association for Research and Learning in Munich, Germany in August 2013.