This July, the Center for Educational Partnerships at GSE is pleased to provide Summer Institutes in Literacy and Math for elementary and secondary school teachers, coaches and supervisors responsible for instruction in these areas. Both Institutes will be held at the Fordham Lincoln Center campus.
July 1st through July 3rd, 2013
8:30 am – 3:30pm
The Summer Literacy Institute will support the intentions and goals of the Common Core Standards by:
- Exploring lessons in fiction and non-fiction;
- Building vocabulary;
- Developing proficient writers;
- Supporting students in reading complex texts.
July 8th, July 9th and July 10th, 2013
8:30 am – 3:30pm
The sessions will focus on resources and strategies which promote and support the ongoing rollout of the CCLS (M). During the three days, we will focus on the following:
- The NYSED Common Core Learning Standards (M);
- The Chancellor’s Instructional Expectations for the 2013-2014 SY;
- The SHIFTS in mathematics;
- The Learning Progressions;
- The grade specific content emphasis;
- Aligned tasks and their accompanying rubrics;
- Resources to support parents in fulfilling their roles as partners;
- Alternative Instructional Strategies (AIS) to address the identified needs of individual students and small groups;
- Websites to support classroom teachers, parents, and students.
Upon completion of either Institute, certificates for professional development will be conferred, which can be used towards required PD hours for new teachers.
Click here for further information about the Center for Educational Partnerships July 2013 Summer Institutes or contact Monica Triana at 212-636-7729 or email@example.com.